We're stronger together. Our organization is all volunteer-run, so your membership goes directly toward outreach programs and expansion of Hellhole Canyon.
Benefits to your membership:
- Participation in the lasting legacy of Hellhole Canyon
- Preserve our community's way of life
- Free or discounted entry to events
- Fully tax deductible
- Subscription to our semi-annual newsletter delivered via email
- A t-shirt or mug, while supplies last
Choose a membership level below and checkout securely through Paypal.
If you prefer to mail in your membership, please click here to download and print the membership form. Send it along with payment to PO Box 221, Valley Center, CA 92082.
Questions about membership? Email hellholecanyon [at] gmail.com.
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. -John Muir
Volunteers keep our organization running smooth and strong. We welcome anyone who wants to contribute to the betterment of Hellhole Canyon as a volunteer.
Open volunteer positions are below. If you are interested in a volunteer position, please fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice and why you'd be a good fit.
Art auction & wine tasting fundraiser:
- Event Support: On the day of the event, help coordinate set up, deliver supplies and break down when event is over. This also requires attendance to 1 planning meeting leading up to the event. This person will receive 1 free ticket to the event.
- Sponsor Coordinator: For a successful event, we need sponsors. This volunteer will help us reach out to different organizations and businesses who can help us with in-kind or monetary donations. This person will receive 1 free ticket to the event.
Education & Conservation:
- Docent: Do you love hiking? Do you love nature? Take the County Docent Training and get certified to lead nature hikes in the Preserve.
- Education Coordinator: Plan and execute nature education programs and events, and help with school and youth program outreach.
- Event Support: Help coordinate and represent the Friends at a single event or ongoing events. For example, man our booth at the Valley Center Days Pie Contest, solicit speakers for our General Meetings, or help with the upcoming Art Auction & Wine Tasting fundraiser.
- Membership Evangelist: Help us maintain our membership list and execute campaigns to increase awareness of our organization and grow our membership.
- Finance Advisor: If you have valuable tax and finance knowledge, we welcome your expertise as we strategize ways to take our organization to the next level.
- Graphic designer: Update and improve our digital and print collateral such as brochures and email templates.
Don't see your skill on the list? Don't worry! Fill out the form below or email email@example.com with your volunteer ideas.